The process of fixing teeth jewellery is very easy and does not take more than 15 minutes. There is no drilling involved, so there are no side effects to the tooth. It can be easily removed without any damage to the tooth structure.
Procedure of getting a Dental Jewellery fitted:
- 1. Cleaning of tooth with a fluoride-free polishing paste.
- 2. Carve tooth with 37% orthophosphoric acid for about 20-30 seconds to increase the surface area for bonding.
- 3. Light curing bonding agent is applied and is left for 20 seconds.
- 4. Apply a small amount of flow composite to the surface of the tooth.
- 5. Use a jewel handler to easily pick up the jewel. Press it into the centre of the composite. - Now you may adjust the jewel while letting the patient check the desired positioning in the mirror.
- 6. Take the light-curing lamp and start curing the composite from the top for about 60 seconds. - The total time for jewel to set into the composite is 20 sec.
- 7. Do not touch the jewel with your fingers once it’s removed from the case. To guarantee maximum adhesiveness, it is essential to avoid skin contact with the special coating on the backside of the jewel
- 8. It takes about 4 minutes to safely affix the jewel