Dental Jewellery fixation is a very simple process and does not take more than 15 minutes. There is no drilling involved so the risk of damaging other teeth is eliminated. I can be easily undone without any damage to tooth structure.
The procedure of Dental Jewellery Fixation:
- 1. The tooth is cleaned with a fluoride-free polishing paste.
- 2. Carve tooth with 37% of orthophosphoric acid for about 20-30 seconds to increase the surface area for bonding.
- 3. Light curing bonding agent is applied and left for 20 seconds.
- 4. Apply a small amount of flow composite to the surface of the tooth.
- 5. Use a jewel handler to easily pick up the jewel. Press it into the centre of the composite. Now you may adjust the jewel while letting the patient check the desired positioning in the mirror.
- 6. Take the light-curing lamp and start curing the composition of the top for about 60 seconds. The total time for the jewel to set into the composite in 20 sec
- 7. Avoid touching the jewel with your fingers once it is removed from the case. To guarantee the maximum adhesiveness, it is essential to avoid skin contact with the special coating on the back side of the jewel.
- 8. It takes about 4 minutes to safely affix the jewel.